I really don’t do fantastical eotds every single day. I don’t even wear makeup everyday. LOL! particularly so when I’m in a lazy mood or my kids’ work overwhelm my schedule.
So here’s what I normally do if I wanna just brighten up my eyes a little.
Both these two eotds were done using SilkMinerals eyeshadows. I tend to reach for those because they are gentler colors and easy to blend out. Plus I like the prices too so I’m not afraid to use them all up.
So my technique… or whatever you wanna call it is…
- grab my monistat and blend that all over. I really do believe in using a base to protect my skin from the color I’m gonna put on top.
- grab an eyeliner and color in half my lid. Or another way of describing that would be to draw a super thick line above my upper lashes.
- using my finger I usually smudge that a little
- grab my bigger Essence of Beauty crease brush and dip it into the e/shadow
- pat the e/shadow onto the lid then blend it outwards and upwards to the brow bone. This is where Silkminerals e/shadow really works well. I can get a graduated shade that goes from opaque to sheer.
- grab my eyeliner again and put a thin line on my upper lashes and on my upper waterline
- mascara if I feel like it
SM’s spring green w L’oreal’s HIP liner in green
SM’s soft violet (LE shade) w Silkygirl’s funky eyeliner in Purple
this pic was taken after about 7 hours after application. Still looks pretty good in my opinion. :)
What’s your everyday look? Leave a comment and let me know. :D