Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SilkyGirl Funky Eyelights Pencil – a review

ok… so I blogged here about the SilkyGirl Funky Eyelights Pencil I bought. As per my usual pattern, the first color I bought was… pure purple… and it really was a lovely purple. I’ve used it rather often both with e/s and alone on my non-m/u days. It has a slight sparkle in it that helps to brighten up the eyes more.

Usage is easy. As mentioned before the pencil is rather soft and creamy. It goes on smoothly although at times it does need two applications for the color to really pop. I’ve read someone comparing this to the Urban Decay 24/7 liners.

Immediately after application, there is a small window where the color can be smudged so getting a smoked eye look is actually easier than I thought was possible.

Then once the liner sets, it doesn’t budge and lasts and lasts and lasts. Even if I teared (which I do on a regular basis), nothing moved. The longest I had it on was from about 730am to midnite and the line on my upper lid still looked good when I took it off.

Still having said that, taking it off was rather easy… my usual creamy cleanser worked fine on it… which is pretty good considering… word of warning… don’t try to use plain soap on this… it won’t move. I tried washing it off my hand (when I swatched) and soaped and rubbed three times… with no fading… grrrr… finally popped on MMBB’s AHA cleanser and it came off in a flash (I would NOT use the cleanser on my eyes!!!)

Now, on to the colors…. lots of lovely ones…

pics were taken indoors w/o flash,indoors with flash, under the mid day sun and in the shade

DSC05141  DSC05139 DSC05137 DSC05136

06 metallic bronze, 10 cool blue, 03 sky blue, 02 ocean blue, 09 lime green, 01 olive green, 08 frosty silver, 07 solid gold, 05 candy pink and 04 pure purple

They’re currently on sale at Watsons til March 25th… so run and get them now! I know I couldn’t resist and got a one in Ocean Blue… which is blue with a purple undertone… pretty pretty :)

usual price S$7.90/sale price S$6.30

0 comments: