Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the rest of the NYX swatches…

ok… here’s a sad story… I wrote down all the names of the various e/s on a piece of paper… and that piece of paper has gone totally awol soon after I posted the earlier swatches… so… I’m left basically not really knowing what color goes with what swatch… and I’ve no time or energy to go through the whole lot again.

so Ann tells me to just go ahead and post the pics… so here they are…

*interrupts*

*bang head*

I’ve posted this now four times… photobucket’s slide show eats up anything I have got to say after it… so I’m gonna say what I wanna say one last time here…

ok ok vent over… relax… deep breath…

my impressions of NYX e/s are that they are less pigmented than my normal mineral eye shadow. I had to swipe my brush over the e/s quite a few times to get the color intensity you see in the swatches. (ooo.. forgot to say that I used monistat as a base for all of them). In comparision to a Japanese brand like Marjolica, the texture wasn’t as soft and blendable… but I think that’s true of most brands when you compare them to japanese formulations.

Thinking a little more, I feel that using a darker, creamier base may make them work better and I will be trying that theory out sometime.

hope these swatches didn’t aggravate you too much cos of they’re lack of names… the colors are pretty.

0 comments: