Gong Xi! Gong Xi! To my chinese readers… may the year be filled with good fortune and lots to eat! and above all “shen ti jian kang”! (gee I hope I get that hypy right… :P)
The first day was a looooooong tiring day of visiting, dealing with sugar high kids and a homebody hubby who just wanted to go home. We covered a total of 9 homes… starting out from home at 7.30 and finishing at about 4. Headed back to my mom’s place for some r&r before two more aunties and assorted cousins visited in the evening. By staying those extra hours at my mom’s, I ‘escaped’ having to visit two more houses. *grin*
Finally reached our home at 9.30. Super tired… my kids just washed up and it was “lights out”. Even my hubby slept pretty early.
By 10.30, when I was finished sorting and clearing stuff, all I could hear was the collective chorus of snores. Rather heart warming… but then maybe I’m just strange.
So here’s my look for the first day… tried out a new pair of half falsies – Ardell Accents Lashes 301. Used them with the DUO lash glue. They got glued on at 6.45am.
Impressions : easier to use than full lashes and I didn’t run about the whole day feeling like I had spiders on my lids. On the whole, very happy with them. They added length at the ends where it mattered. Only thing I’d do different the next time would be to put mascara on and curl my lashes before putting these babies on.
On to the EOTD (as usual, click thru for bigger pics) :
- Monistat – base
- NYX jumbo eye pencil in baby blue
- smudged all over lid and up into the crease
- to take off some of the ‘redness’ aka warmth from the shades I was using next
- TSS The Doll House (LE Grab Bag)
- patted all over lid
- used under the brows as a highlight
- TSS Goodness and Grace (LE Ho Ho ‘08)
- 1/3 out lid and up to the crease and blended to the brow bone
- TSS One Stuck Sleigh (LE Ho Ho ‘08)
- outer v and blended
- Majolica Majorca Neo liquid liner in black (999)
- upper lash line
- Maybelline’s Volum’ Express Turbo Boost mascara in black
- Inuovi’s brow pencil in Cocoa
- Biore’s Radiant Sunscreen lotion
- SilkNatural’s foundation and perfecting powder blend
- Canmake blush in 05
- SilkNaturals’ blush in Climax and Babydoll (mixed)
- SilkNaturals organic lipgloss in Rare Berry
And here’s what my eotd looked like at 9.45pm… the lashes stayed put (even though I’d brought both glue and liner just in case)… minimal creasing near the tear duct. Hardly any fading I could see.
Really, for me, NYX jumbo eye pencils combined with TSS e/s are my HG for long wearing looks that last through heat, humidity and super long days.