Friday, February 19, 2010

3 ELF studio brushes

I got these quite a while ago. They are the Elf Studio fan brush, complexion brush and small angled brush. They are all USD3 each.

Been using them for a while.. and think its time I made some comments.

DSC08490 DSC08493

Complexion Brush

This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!
-Creates an even and natural finish
-Expertly sweeps all types of powders across the entire face and sculpts features beautifully
-Use with pressed, loose, or translucent powders, blush or bronzer
*Vegan Friendly

My thoughts : I’ve been using EDM’s long handled kabuki brush for both my powders and foundations. I found this doesn’t really work the way I’d like a powder/foundation brush to work. BUT its okay if you want a light dusting of powder to finish or to use with a pigmented blush… its super soft and flexible (ie it doesn’t have a firm feel like a kabuki)

DSC08492

Small Angled Brush

This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!
-Creates precise color application
-Creates even, thin and straight lines every time
-Use to apply lip color, eyebrow color, or to line eyes
*Vegan Friendly

My thoughts : I absolutely love this brush. As in love love love. Its an ideal tool to use to apply eyeshadows as eyeliners. Will definitely get another one or two as backups. Can’t see myself doing without them.

One technique that I’ve tried and tried to achieve is to use eye shadow to line my lower eye lashes… well, with this brush, its super easy and it works beautifully. Here’s a recent eotd I did using it.

DSC08491

Fan Brush

This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!
-Unique fan shape blends away makeup mistakes
-Dusts, wipes, and contours powders
-Use to create a soft wash of color over the cheeks, to apply a touch of loose powder to cover shine, or as a blending aid.
*Vegan Friendly

My thoughts : This is one brush that though has had rave reviews elsewhere… I just don’t know how to make it work for me. Strange but true… have tried it as a blush brush… too much work; to dust off fall out… just made it worse; to add a touch of highlighter… well, I rarely do this step so…

It is very soft and feels lovely on the face. If you know how to use a fan brush, I think its a nice one.

0 comments: