Friday, February 19, 2010

WLC #6

I was going to do a video for this week but its been so horrendously busy… this will have to do.

I knew going into this week that I was gonna be faced with massive amounts of yummilicious food… seriously… I mean what is Chinese New Year without bak kua (bbq pork slices), pineapple tarts, love letters, cashew nut cookies, peanut cookies… the list is endless. Then you have my lovely darling mother who believes in feeding everyone chocolate… different kinds.. different sizes… different combinations… Its a diet disaster waiting to happen!

So I went into the season giving myself 4 days to eat anything I wanted. Of course, I did practice moderation and stopped many times before I wanted to… even left the table once to continue the chatting elsewhere cos I was snacking way too much.

The result… well, I’m still the same weight. No more, no less. Seems like this is the weight my body wants to be at the moment. Did take a 4 day ‘holiday’ from exercising but have started again beginning Wednesday. I either have to ramp up my ‘move my body’ program or I have to seriously watch what I’m eating… am way too reluctant to do either… sigh…

Cat’s challenge this week was to share what we’ve learnt over the last 6 weeks. For me, I think its patience and perseverance. I just have to keep plugging away at getting more physically active and I do believe over time, my body will show the results I’m looking for. Its taken years to get to this point… it might take a while to persuade ‘settled’ fats to move on out. :P

Its also been fabulous to have a group of gals who are doing the same thing. Having them at the back of my mind helps me to control what I eat and also what I do in terms of exercise. While I haven’t lost any weight, I have become 200% more active than I was before. In my books, that’s a very good thing.

Til next week… keep those bodies moving and keep that smile on your face :D

0 comments: