Wednesday, March 11, 2009

skin routine – Moisturizing – how to and reviews

 

after all that cleansing, the skin needs some lovely input.

DSC04934

Mineral Makeup Hydrating/Setting (Immortelle) Mist
the middle bottle

Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, vegan Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, DMAE Bitartrate, MSM, hydralonic acid, Salix nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Polysorbate, immortelle flower,Tea Tree Essential Oil, Tetrasodium Edta, Citric Acid.

geee…. such a long name… I just call it my immortelle hydrosol… which is totally wrong I know cos it really isn’t a hydrosol… but… *rolls eyes*

I love this… before I switched to using MMBB’s products, I was moisturizing my face quite a bit. It just felt dry and tight and ‘old’. I couldn’t believe when Lisa told me she only used this mist as a toner cum moisturizer. Well, I do now. :) cos its all I really use in the day time.

On my non-dry days, just a couple of spritzes of this lovely spray is enough to perk up my skin. Its good for setting my m/u too. I also use it during the day whenever my skin feels like it needs a little something or I just need a 'pick me up’.

On my drier days, I add in this…

Ultimate Facial Serum
the bottle on the right

Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), Emulsifying Wax NF, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Organic Bilberry) Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Organic Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Organic Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Organic Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Organic Lemon) Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Organic Cranberry) Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Phenoxyethanol, Idebenone, Beta Carotene (Pro Vitamin A), Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A), Alpha Lipoic Acid DL- Thioctic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Daucus Carota (Carrot) Oil, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide gum), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid

this one I was actually rather hesistant about at first as I was happy with my Beauticontrol serum. But then my supplier went awol so I had to look for an alternative and Lisa was kind enough to send me some to try. It really was love at first try. Again, just a little goes a long way. Especially around the eyes. It seems to have eased the puffiness. Plus over time, my skin really seems softer and the pores look more refined especially on my cheek area.

I use this usually at night but occasionally for the daytime too.

Here’s the daytime amount I use… its about half a pump

DSC04939

then I add three sprays of Immortelle mist, rub my hands together and apply to my face.

DSC04940  

If you’d rather use the serum neat, just put a couple of drops all over your face (forehead, cheeks, nose & chin) and blend.

here’s the amount I use at night… one full pump.

DSC04999

Purifying Moisturizing Serum
the littlest bottle

Organic Aloe Juice, DMAE, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rooibos Tea Extract, Emusifying Wax NF, Organic Green Tea Extract, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic White Tea Extract, Vitamin E, HA, Vitamin B3, MSM, Organic Black Willowbark Extract,Xanthan Gum

just got a sample of this… and have used it twice. So far, really liking it. Used it with the purifying antioxident cleanser the first night they came. My immediate reaction was… wow… my face is finally clean and oh so baby soft.

Will continue to use it and report back on my findings. :)

0 comments: