Sunday, May 02, 2010

TheFaceShop nail polish in PP408

I’ve been on a little nail spree lately… bought three new colors from TheFaceShop at sgd2.90 each. Much as I like OPI colors… this is soooo much more affordable, don’t you think?

Anyways, to get things started, here’s a color that I’ve been wanting to get for the longest time… a light cream lilac shade. Gorgeousness… just looking at my fingers makes me happy :D

DSC09093

My camera just doesn’t catch the color correctly… :( so I’ve ‘borrowed a pic from mymakeupmania… it shows the color tonnes more accurately! Its just the bottle that’s different.

 

Tried taking the picture again under different lighting… along with a drink that has been a favourite since childhood… F&N Groovy Grape.

There’s a story behind this drink…

 DSC09111

when I was 4, I was a really vain little girl. I wanted pierced ears. I begged and I begged and I begged and finally my mom brought me to an old chinese goldsmith shop. Now, in those days, they didn’t have the nifty ear gun that they do now. It was a sterilised needle, a piece of ginger and sheer man power! Honestly, I shudder just thinking of it now. But beauty comes with a price right?

So the needle went in and I yelled… hardly surprising huh? the answer was a nice bottle of F&N Grape (it wasn’t groovy then *giggle*). I drank it all down and was ready for the next ear.

2 ears pieced + two bottles of F&N Grape drunk = a very happy little 4 year old girl

my kids drink this now while I’m finding it too sweet… for the pic above I ‘borrowed’ my little girl’s can.

Til the next post… stay groovy!

0 comments: